Saturday, October 15, 2011

Bladiniere Kava Night


Last night was kava night at my Papa Micah's place in Bladiniere Estate.  I like drinking kava in that area, very peaceful after you get used to the planes landing and taking off close by.  

The kava we drank was sent in from Paama.  It was yellow kava, which we call "worry" because it's the kind that leaves you with a nasty hangover the next day.  Most people don't care for yellow kava, but Tahi is ples blong hem and most of the kava I have planted on Paama is yellow.  Less chance of it getting stolen by Lulep boys passing through.  

My tawi Sandy sent it after he returned from the agriculture trade show last month.  My brother Rena (the Maxidus guy) held the kava because, well, he's really good at the mix.  And Oko and I had the honor of opening the bucket.  Good showing, about 30 people stopped by.  Apes and I left around 10:30, stopped by Last Flight for a couple of Tuskers and jumped in a bus.  A good night overall.  And to think I was worried about walking around the area where most escaped prisoners hide after 13 jumped the high risk the night before...

Interesting story: I met a guy from Tavie named Alan who had spent two months in Utah at some point.  He described Utah as a "state up north with lots of stones".  He went for some kind of Mormon brainwashing seminar and was kicked out of the church--ironically--for taking another wife.  I think what he meant to say was he was kicked out of the church for cheating on his wife with a Salt Lake City prostitute, but that's not important.

No comments:

Post a Comment