Saturday, October 8, 2011

Maxidus??


My brother Colin hosted a kava night fundraiser in Ohlen Whitewood recently.  He is the father of a newborn baby girl who, born at 1.6 kgs, is extremely underweight and has been at the hospital for a month.  And Colin has no job.  So all of his brothers went up to support him.  He had a stall at a small 3-window strip-nakamal (a new term I'm just now coining...strip-nakamal = a line of window stall kava bars as in Reynolds, Green Light Freshwater, Jay's, Green Mango, etc.) that is owned by someone from Epi that I'm supposed to call Papa and I still can't figure out how/why.

One of my brothers, Rena, at some point starts talking about movies.  He likes movies.  And the conversation got stuck on this movie he was describing and trying to tell me the name of.  So, there's a guy and he is put in a place and then all these doors open and he fights all these other guys.  I'm thinking Ancient Greece, and I think I'm right, because the name that came to him was Max Mitus.  Didn't sound right though, and he came back with Maxus.  Still not right.  A few minutes later, it went back to a two-word title, something like Mag Timas.  Nope.  And then he definitely knew, without a doubt, that it was Maxidus.  With a d.  Turns out he watched it but never got to see the last 10 minutes, so he wants to try and find a copy and finish it.  I tell you, we were stuck on that for a good 30 minutes.  And I still can't find it online, no matter how I spell it.



No comments:

Post a Comment