Wednesday, September 1, 2010

How to fly

Nakamal Visited
24 Haoa.  It was raining and I wanted to be close to the house.

Kava Kwaliti
It was normal, average-to-strong kava, had 5 shells.  Nothing really to report there.

Company
Apu Willie was kickin it last night at the nakamal.  Of course, I met more new Paama dudes as is typical of that nakamal.  Jenny Harris' husband, man Tongoa, was there as well, but we didn't story that much.

Amusing Observation
Willie told me that his uncle was a "clever" and could fly to anywhere and steal alcohol in a matter of seconds.  And he could take passengers.  As long as you didn't open your eyes in mid-flight, you could hold on to him or his stick he used to sing with and go along for the ride.  It's not the first time I've heard this story, there are many stories of man Paama flying.  And every time I hear one, it has to do with stealing alcohol.  Never money.  Nobody has ever flown into a bank and stolen money (side note, the power to fly brings with it the power to get into wherever you want, no matter how secure the building is).  Willie has witnessed this, so I believe him.

He also knows how to cure a bad knee.  I assume this treatment could be applied for all joint problems, but I could be wrong.  What you need is a large 20-liter tin, the piss of all the men in the village, and some leaves.  Just bathe your knee in the mixture of piss and leaves and, voila!  You can walk again!  He swears by it.  It's an old Vietnamese remedy he learned in the 70s.  Willie witnessed it, so I believe him.  He's officially my new favorite Apu.

Random Photo
Burning dirty in Seaside on the way to the nakamal.

No comments:

Post a Comment