Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Friday Night Nakamal Crawl

Nakamals Visited
Started out at Chiefs Nakamal for a couple shells, then to 24 Haoa for a few, over to Islanders for a few, and back to 24 Haoa, ended at Green Lite.


Kava Kwaliti
The first bucket at Chiefs=always strong, and I started off with a 150 shell.  24 Haoa was okay at Fillamon's stall, then that ran out.  Went to Islanders to hear the live stringband playing for the Seaside futsol team fundraisor and the kava had turned.  Back to 24 Haoa at the Tongoa stall and it was good.  Green Lite to finish, didn't go down so easy.  9 shells.

Company
I was joined at Chiefs by Ralph, Joel, and Francis.  At 24 Haoa I was with Job, met up with Uncle Frank at Islanders and went back with him to meet up with Uncle Joe at 24 Haoa again.  Last one with Job at Green Lite.

Amusing Observations
Chiefs has great kava but is shit for a nakamal, so it's strange seeing everyone there dressed up nice and on their best behavior all the time.  I left a bottle of wine in my SAIS bag at 24 Haoa and when I went back for it, Uncle Joe told me some random bus driver drove off with it, but he was just playin.  When he found out it was wine in the bag, he said he would have taken it himself had he known.

No comments:

Post a Comment