Sunday, August 22, 2010

Fundraising!!!

My sister Doroka was in need for school fees to repeat year 12, so Mama Elizabeth organized a small fundraiser to help pay for it.  Apeslom came by the house and we walked over to Freshwater around 4:30 or 5.  Found Colin John and followed him to his house where he was in charge of making the kava for the fundraiser.  All his brothers were there, Tony, Charlie, and Phillip.  A bunch of family from Nou village also showed up, including my small Papa John.

When the bucket was dry, Colin, Apes and I went to the park with some Tusker and kale-d with some slow reggae.  My other brother Colin (Reed) called up and said he wouldn't be able to make it down, so Apes and I decided it would be a good idea to hike up to Olen White Wood at midnight drunk on kava and beer.  I snaked it the whole way up, Apes hurled a couple times, and we finally made it.  I laid down by the rain tank in the church yard until the ground stopped spinning.  Couldn't manage to eat anything.

Kaison stopped by to bring me home, but Apes stayed the night at Colin's.  Gotta love fundraisers.

No comments:

Post a Comment